How to use Super Seeding

buddy

hey,

I'd like some advice on using super seeding. I went thru some searches and could not quite find what Im looking for, so I hope this isn't a redundant question: When, if ever, is a good time to turn off super seeding? I dont have a high speed upload, and I was wondering if it's bad or ineffective to leave it on all the time, even after there are new seeders available.

I love µtorrent. Keep up the good work.

Dont use superseeding if there are other seeds:

Superseeding: a feature that allows seeders who are the only seed in the swarm to solely seed pieces that are found nowhere else in the swarm works something like this: the superseeding client pretends not to be a seed, but pretends to be a peer with an incomplete file. Then the client shares with one peer only, usually the one with the fastest upload to others. And that peer can then share that piece with the swarm. This allows the superseeding client to maximise the efficiency of the upload by only sharing those pieces nobody else has. And because of some other things about the behaviour of superseeding, this function does not work at all well in swarms with one peer and one seed only. So it is only good when the seeder is the only seed, and there are more than 2 peers.

Yes it's bad and ineffective to leave it on all the time. Most good clients should switch it on and off as necessary; stop messing! :)

Dont use superseeding if there are other seeds:

And because of some other things about the behaviour of superseeding, this function does not work at all well in swarms with one peer and one seed only. So it is only good when the seeder is the only seed, and there are more than 2 peers.

Yes it's bad and ineffective to leave it on all the time. Most good clients should switch it on and off as necessary; stop messing! :)

huh? Could you explain why?

I understand what super seeding is, and the ideal thoery on how it's suppose to work.

I hope a developer can answer my question. Thanks again.

"Most good clients"?

Archived