Folder Options

snusnu

Hey... I've noticed that uTorrent asks where to put the downloaded files at. Like, I have it in the F:, but after I download something, it might goto F:XYZ and at the next torrent, the default would be F:XYZ, and I would have to change it back to F:. Could you add like an option so that you could set it to that drive/folder (F:), and it would still ask you where you would want to put it? I tried having 'Put new downloads in:" option, but I don't really like having it like that...

I agree somewhat (although I swear it already does this).

uTorrent remembers the previous savelocation. I most often use that location, but sometimes change it - which is why I don't have one static default. But it isn't too hard to go back to where the original default was.

I can see how this could be a very easily implemented convenience feature.

I'd suggest this: Where the 'Save to default location' option is, Allow to choose a directory, and instead have a checkbox for 'Ask where to save anyway'. That way, There's a default directory to start from, which can be the default dir if you like it automatic, but also the base for asking where to save.

Archived