Torrents Stuck at Updating..

scott85213

Running Windows 7 x64. I currently have ~10,000 torrents in uTorrent and was running fine at ~7,000 now all the torrents are stuck at "Updating.." for the tracker. Mostly default settings, nothing changed in advanced. Any ideas?

I don't want to see raging about how many torrents I have running, or why I shouldn't and such..

Thanks

Please try with only ~100 torrents set to start.

It does take some time to contact the trackers, especially using SSL connections for each attempt.

I just want to rule out if uTorrent's acting screwy even with fewer torrents trying to start.

Turns out that they weren't SSL trackers, really thought they were, but I just checked. Changed my first post to reflect that. If I manually stop ALL of them, and start them in batches of 20-30 or so they start fine, but eventually starts freaking out around 2,000.

Also, I have noticed that eventually the issue gets sorted out after several hours, but then starts again a couple hours later. Makes me think it has something to do with queuing the tracker updates incorrectly or something similar.

"If I manually stop ALL of them, and start them in batches of 20-30 or so they start fine, but eventually starts freaking out around 2,000."

I'm not sure what kind of freaking out you mean...uTorrent slows down, GUI starts blinking, everything in windows lags?

And this happens once 2000 torrents are started or only if you start 2000 torrents at a time instead of batches of 20-30?

Archived