Couple of questions

Sandro

Hi there, been a user for a while...

just care for some answers.

Right now using 1.8.5 (17414)

1. Where are all the settings and info about seeding torrents kept?

Cause i got an external hdd and sometimes i forget to turn it on. So i launch the utorrent, then im like... daaamn....

and send like 50 2 to 10Gb torrents for rechecking.

I figured i could just do a backup of the thing and instead recheck couple of latest downloads if i screwed up

2. I got some strange issue - every time i open a torrent file with UT, i just need to relaunch it. It is so because seeders and leechers get all placed in parenthesis and 0's outside. And the torrent never starts downloading.

If i restart, it starts going right away. Im running on windows 7, btw.

Annoying as something...

Oh, and it doesn't depend on whether i have external ip and have proper port forwarding set up or nothing at all.

I do have a green checkmark in the former case though, the thing just wont start downloading.

3. I know about running multiple instances of UT, although haven't tried it yet. I'm planning to go with different versions, not the same one. Is there a way to use the same info from my first question for all the instances?

I don't need them simultaneously, i just needa run them from time to time, so in the worst case - yeah, i could install/uninstall different versions of UT on a const basis.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Forgive me my rudeness, i just thought it was smart to ask and be told to look up the faq than to go there and waste my time if it's not there)

2. Could you suggest on where to look?

Particularly right now I'm on gprs/3g though a usb modem, so i ain't got no routers. Also, no external IP.

3. What if i decide to run 2.0.2 and that new beta. Is there other way of using the same set of settings for both of them, other than jiggling around the appdata folder?

About sharing - basically, i want to have one "pool" of torrent content - i could see them all, i could seed them all from any client i run. If i understand you correctly, the only thing i need, considering settings data, is to not have different clients running at the same time. (?)

About other issue - i've no idea how it's possible. I mean, i'm even getting a blue down arrow at the side, correct number of peers in the parenthesis in the seeders and leechers columns.

On queue options i got like 8 maximum and 5 active. 0's on the speed limits globally and on per-torr scales.

The thing happens for private and for public trackers.

I don't think it's about dht.

Also, right now i see that im seeding something - so seeding does happen without relaunch i guess...

Archived