Unable to install Utorrent

Canuck2010

I have had Utorrent on my computer for the past 4 years. However since I re-formatted my drive I am unable to install Utorrent correctly. I can run the installation and Utorrent will appear in my system tray. However when I close Utorrent it completely disappears. I have installed it 3 times right from Utorrent.com with the same results. It will not even appear in my "Control Panel" and then "Programs and Features". Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, what suggestions would other community members advise me to try. Thank you for any help that someone can provide me. Dennis

Thanks for your response moogly. First, my OS that I use is Windows 7 home premium. I have had uTorrent with Windows 7 since it first came out. To be honest I do not know how to look up "%ProgramFiles%\uTorrent". I did look for "%ProgramFiles%\uTorrent" using the Windows start program search option and nothing came up. I do have the Utorrent eve in my "C" drive downloads. I look forward from hearing from you once again.

Dennis

Win Explorer did not open a folder for me. Is there something that I could try in order for uTorrent to install correctly? Again Thank you for the help that you are providing. If you do post another message, I will not be able to view it until 10am, Thursday (MST). I work 12 hour shifts and I am just getting ready to leave for work now. Thanks again.

Dennis

I would like to thank both moogly and paintball9 for their help. In regards of not having elevated privileges, I am the administrator for my home computer. I thought that I would try installing the new "beta" version of uTorrent using Admid. privileges. I was able to install the beta version without any difficulty. If this had not worked I was going to do a system restore or possibly even an image restore. Again Thanks for the help you both provided.

Dennis

Archived