error:the system cannot find the file specified.

n510rv

I have read here and peeps are having a similar message, but at the start of torrent download. my issue happens anywhere from after it starts, to the end. I have a short saving name. It is C:\name. My torrents go there. This does not happen with everything, just some things, and normally it is "newer" files. I try to "force re-check" with "start" and is a waste of time. Right now, I have a 100% download with this error message, and where there is suppose to be a 700mb file, there is nothing. No folder, no nothing. So where did it go? I am not sure if it is my problem, or where I'm getting it, but I don't want to be giving a thumbs down for something that is my issue. Thx for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

I am also getting this error with torrents that I upload.

I'm using uT 2.0.2 on windows 7 64bit and the file name is not too long.

I've looked through the forums relating to this error but my problem seems to be different. Sometimes they upload fine and sometimes they stop with this error and I have to delete the torrent (from my comp and from the site) and create and upload a whole new one.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this matter

Thanks

Are you guys running your torrents off external drives? Drive disconnection can result in this error. If the drive is transferring too fast for the connection or the power supply is taxed too hard it can temporarily shut the drive down. It would appear empty until the drive was properly ejected and reconnected.

Are you guys running your torrents off external drives? Drive disconnection can result in this error. If the drive is transferring too fast for the connection or the power supply is taxed too hard it can temporarily shut the drive down. It would appear empty until the drive was properly ejected and reconnected.

internal drive. i don't upload anything, other than what i've shared off my original downloads. No, i use 2nd internal hard drive, as to keep any viruses away from my OS. So the problem "could be", because the files is not downloaded to the same HD that the program utorrent is located?

Dunno, but....I just downloaded a 700 mb file without problem. It seems to be happening with newer files.

Archived