Wired Computer receives fewer peers than Wireless Laptop

zerohero

Greets all,

I am having an interesting issue here. If I use my wired rig, which is running winxp with the half-open patch, and I try to download a popular torrent with high seeds (ie. 1000+), I may get 1 or 2 seeders but their flags are set to d (not willing to share with my client).

However if I connect to the same network via my laptop (wireless, vista, no half-open patch), and try to download the same file with high seeds, I am immediately presented with 30-40 seeds who are willing to share with me and it begins to immediately start downloading.

I have tried mirroring the same configurations between the utorrent laptop client and the wired rig client. Speed is not an issue here, just connecting to peers willing to share.

Any thoughts on this behaviour?

Zero

I am using UPnP and each port is different, thus the router automatically registers the ports in the firewall. The wired rig uses port randomization while the wireless laptop does not.

The wired rig has a software firewall. I've tried running utorrent with the firewall off for several hours, same issue.

As far as the router goes, the wired rig has a static dhcp ip address while the wireless does not. I also run zeroshell MLPPP from time to time on the wired rig, but the issue still exists.

Thanks for the input.

I fixed the problem on the wired rig by making utorrent only accept encypted/uTF connections. Works perfectly now. I noticed the laptop was receiving a lot of uTF peers, but the wired was not. And after enforcing it to be pure uTF, peers started coming out of the woods. :)

Archived