download issue

rollie69

I upgraded from Ut 2.0.0 to 2.0.3 and had problems downloading. I switched back to 2.0.0 and when I try to download this is what I get

C:\DOCUME~1\GEOFFL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\[isoHunt] xxxxxxxooooooo- Season 1-2.torrent could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Please help

Also when I used the speed checker I get errors in bandwidth and network.

any idea's?

ok so I've configured my router. My firewall is set to accept utorrent. when I click on a download, the download box opens and then I get this window open and that's it.

C:\DOCUME~1\GEOFFL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\[isoHunt] xxxxxxxooooooo- Season 1-2.torrent could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Current downloads already in utorrent are working fine.

I had a look at that. when I clicked on it became un high lighted. Same with associate .btsearch. Now I can't click on either of them.

I also thought I'd update again to the 2.0.3. It's working like it should but I still get

this is really annoying.

For some reason the other day utorrent was working fine and now today all it is saying in the bottom left corner is that it is saying.....DHT:waiting to log in can someone please help me with this issue i have numerous movies waiting to download haha thank-you!!

For some reason the other day utorrent was working fine and now today all it is saying in the bottom left corner is that it is saying.....DHT:waiting to log in can someone please help me with this issue i have numerous movies waiting to download haha thank-you!!

How is this helpful in resolving my issue. Torrents are downloading fine for me, I just cannot add new files to download.

This was meant to be a totally separate problem no reply to yours sorry for confusion

I uninstalled utorrent last night rebooted and reinstalled utorrent 2.0.3. I can't add any new torrents because I still get

Download error

C:\DOCUME~1\GEOFFL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\[isoHunt] -----xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-----.HDT.5633766.TPB.torrent could not be opened, because the associated helper application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Please help

Windows xp sp3

Avira AV

Zonealarm FW

2gb ram

That error message, is it coming from utorrent, windows or your browser?

If its from windows then right click on the .torrent file and open with, browse to utorrent.exe, check off always use this program and hit ok

If its your browser then choose to save the file as opposed to opening, Its probably a default program that doesn't exist anymore.

@Emmy35

Make your own post, its probably a firewall configuration issue.

Archived