Novice question

danielb

I downloaded a file using uTorrent to a first laptop. However, I want to move the file from the first laptop to a second laptop. Can I do this using uTorrent? Alternatively, is there information saved from the first download that would enable me to repeat the download to the second laptop (I don't recall exactly where I got the file.)

You could use the same torrent, it (if you havn't deleted it yet) will be in utorrent's appdata folder

to get to that folder use Windows Key + R (to open run) and type %appdata%\utorrent into the search bar.

By loading the torrent up on both computers at the same time they would detect each other's presence and share their pieces between each other. You will have to start seeding on the first laptop again if you stopped it. To avoid using up internet bandwidth again. (and instead leaving it to another peer online) you can disconnect from the internet and just use your network when you start the torrent.

Thanks, paintball9, for your quick reply. The uTorrent file is in the folder as you suggested it might be. Just some followup questions:

1. How do I load the torrent file on each of the computers? And should I copy the file to the second laptop?

And then what?

2. How do I restart seeding on the first laptop?

Just copy the torrent file over to the second computer and open it again with utorrent on that machine. If you can copy the file manually anyways then there's no point in using utorrent to do it.

Eg if you have an external hd then just use that its way faster.

to start seeding just press the start button again. (i'm assuming you finished it the first time)

Archived