Unable to Save Resume File

AllCreation

Until recently whenever i would start up my utorrent it would continue downloading everything right where it left off .. but now every time i close it i get the following error message:

Unable to save resume file some data may be lost

another program might have the file open or the disk is full. Please correct this and click retry. If u press cancel the resume file will not be saved.

How do i correct this problem?

alright.. so im able to access the %appdata%utorrent folder.. and inside there is a list of all of the torrents that are listed in the download/complete etc. section of utorrent.

there is also a settings icon, a dht icon, a resume icon and a rss icon all of these have nero showtime set as the default application with which the are opened.. is that right? i think that my be the problem..

But i have been trying to use utorrent with different programs set as the defaults for those applications by right clicking and choosing the "open with" option and none of them programs i chose have cured the problem? do you know what program the the resume file should have set as the default program that you open it with?

That's fine if they're associated with something else. They're just extensions that nero can use. (not quite sure why nero would choose an already used extension for a media format but whatever).

What I meant earlier was check the security on each file.

Right click - properties - Security. Check what permissions your user has. (might be a worded a bit different for xp, I can't remember, those instructions are for 7. You should be able to find it in properties somewhere though.)

Also make sure the files aren't read only.

Key one's to check are

resume.dat

settings.dat

wow that worked .. i actually had to change the name of the utorrent folder... create a new folder and name it utorrent and then cut and paste everything from the original folder into the new one.. the resume file would transfer because it was corrupted but for sum reason utorrent created a new one .. thanx

Archived