Normal / High / Low Bandwidth Allocation logic ?

tarunp

Lets say I have 5 torrents downloading and I wish to allocate High bandwidth to 2 of them. What is the logic used to do so ? Will the entire available bandwidth be allocated to these 2 torrents ? And how will the speed be allocated / shared between the 2 torrents on high priority ? Similarly. what happens when the bandwidth allocation for a torrent is set to "Low" ?

Even torrents set to "Low" priority get a minimal amount of upload speed per upload slot, if the upload speed is available. This means unless you have a lot of upload speed, changing priority may seem to do nothing. Lowering upload slots per torrent, especially on the "Low" priority torrents, may help.

• 1 month later...

If tarunp doesn't mind, I would like to take a quick ride on this and ask Switek to clarify his statement "Lowering upload slots per torrent, especially on the "Low" priority torrents, may help": how would that be achieved without affecting slots per torrent for other active torrents? I tried right-clicking on one torrent, but couldn't find any place where I would set the number of slots for that particular torrent.

oops, my fault, I've already been looking at the properties window and missed it.

But is this something that we can change on the fly, or does it only work when adding a new torrent, and, once set, will remain as it is until the torrent is removed?

Archived