Slow upload...

speedfreak

Those speeds are sustained for hours on end when uploading multiple torrents. I can download at 1.2-1.5Mb/s for extended periods of time. My total upload speed is also sustained at 700kb/s easily when uploading multiple files. Do you think Comcast's throttling just affects total speed or would it react differently depending on how many torrents are downloading?

Actually I pay for the 16/x plan. I have clocked my connection at 25/8 but that was an isolated result. Usually I get 16-17/6. Why am I uploading at only 250kb/s? It's the same now regardless of home many active torrents there are. utorrents speed tests set my upload max at 500kb/s and up. I've set it to 260kb/s and noticed in increase in download speed. (I think because utorrent is no longer sucking up resources to try and create more upload slots.?) Any other recommendations. Also...is decreasing the total number of global connections (or keeping fewer torrents active) a good way to prevent premature router failure. If I understand correctly, it is the sheer number of connections that most consumer grade routers can't cope with.

Archived