Utorrent + pctools fw = 90% cpu

DurzoBlint

Hello, I,ve been seeing a lot of problems with pc tools firewall and utorrent, but I have always been problem free up til now. My download and upload speeds are fine, thats not the problem, I have found that when this particular firewall is on, my cpu loads up to 90% and stays there. When the firewall is disabled, the cpu goes back down to the normal 5%. I have grown acustom to pctools firewall and would like to keep it if there are any solutions to this problem, but if there are not could someone suggest an alternate program.

• 2 months later...

To the OP and anyone who prefers PC Tools Firewall Plus: new version (7.0.0.111) doesn't have this problem with uTorrent anymore. I currently have them both running and uTorrent (2.0.4) no longer goes unresponsive with lots of direct TCP/UDP connections. :)

My bad, the problem persists, just manifests differently (and in a more insidious way). After running for a few hours with firewall v7.0.0.111 my PC got some crazy lags (repositioning mouse cursor like 3-4 seconds after actual input and so on). "system" process devoured about 66% of CPU power (which means loading 2 of the 3 cores to 100%). It seems I'll have to settle with Comodo then...

Archived