browser cant connect to internet when utorrent running....

Ronan1983

Hi,

OK I've been trying the past couple of days to try and solve this problem, trying lots of suggestions from previous threads...none have worked so far.

utorrent works fine on its own, firefox works fine on its own....but once I run utorrent, firefox says it cant connect to the internet even though utorrent is working fine (albeit at a reduced speed)....

however, I decided to remove all torrents to see if it was a bandwidth issue...but even when utorrent was not seeding or downloading anything it stilled caused firefox to not be able to connect to the internet....

after trying the setup guide and various conservative tweaks the issue still remains...

in short, if I let utorrent run by itself it can reach download rates in excess of 1mb....but with firefox running, utorrent runs slower and firefox cant connect to the internet.

HOWEVER, if i connect the laptop directly to the modem via ethernet cable they work together fine....

any help much appreciated....

major headache, i need a cup of tea and a cigarette......

thanks in adavance

before i saw your your reply I had tried one more thing which had a strange partial success...

I forwarded my port number for utorrent to my router and was able to run the two together without any problems as long as I had a torrent downloading...

when utorrent was running but not downloading anything firefox was not able to connect to the internet?...(strange to me at least...)

anyhow Ive tried what you reccommended (bar the IPs resolve as when I right cliked in the PEERS tab nothing happened)....anyhow its all working fine now...exceot for a yellow exclamation mark telling me that I may have a problem with my net config...But I assume this is normal due to all the settings unchecked...

anyhow, cheers for that, all working smoothly now...

Thanks

My bad, you have to have a torrent selected up top before right-clicking in the Peers window/tab at bottom to get the menu.

What's the max sustainable speeds of your line, both down and up?

What settings are you using in uTorrent, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Did you change any advanced settings? If so, list them.

Archived