Using uTorrent While Burning !

dargonbooster

Ok here s the thng , i have read in one of the torrents in TPB that if u burn dvd s while programs r runnin in the background errors could occur such as "buffer under-run" , well that got me wondering !!

My system is a 2008 custom build with a 2009 lg burner and a 2006 160gb WD hard drive [ide] and a c2duo e7500 with 3 gigs of ram running on windows 7 ultimate [i don't remember the build] , so i pretty much run utorrent , eset nod32 and poweriso 24/7 . When i want to burn an iso or video_ts , all what i do is open the folder containing the iso or video_ts and burn the files to a dvd with nero 7 essentials , while the folder and the programs i mentioned above is running !!! also add that i pretty much download files not less than 40gb and seed to above that value thats all while burning . I never got errors before while burning neither now thanks to God but i am just asking is it ok to burn dvd s while these programs are running !!!!!

Thanks for help

Basically your harddrive is't fast enough to keep up with both the read requirements of the burner and the excessive seek times and both reading and writing of utorrent. You can either limit your speed (utorrent down/up or burn speed) while trying to burn, or try using a different hard drive for each task.

ps. IDE is an incredibly outdated technology now. An upgrade to a Sata drive would show a huge improvement in this scenario.

when i burn a dvd i always make the speed at the lowest thats 4x sometimes i keep it at 8x but as i mentioned errors never appeared while i burn dvds but i was curious abut the way i burn with these programs running . So u are saying reduce the speeds of either utorrent or burning , rite and i am good to go ?

also i forgot to mention i have a 500 gb WD Sata Hard drive and i pretty much download and upload from this hard drive as well as burn files from it ,with full speed in utorrent but 4x to 8x while burning , so is it ok??

If you have an IDE burner chances are it'll max out an ide connection to achieve even a 12x burn speed. If you're torrenting on that drive as well you can see where you'd be going way over the limit. A burner needs a large consistent stream of data to avoid buffer underruns. As long as you keep the drive access separate you should be good. (eg burn from the ide 160 and torrent to the 500g sata, or just move the files to the other drive before you start burning them)

ok i get what u meant "transfer the files which are to be burned to a different drive and down /upload in a different drive " but don't u think it will be a pain in the ass , i always burn my dvds at 2x DVD-r DL and 4x to 8x on DVD -r , i never go higher also i verify my dvds after the burning process has completed . i think the way i am doing thngs on my end is OK according to ur first post , am i rite ?

also i have once noticed that while i was burning a dual layer the burn process was successful but the verification process was full of errors , the funny thng is i though i had wasted a dual layer and when i came to play the dual layer it actually worked perfectly , so i guess as along as i get a burn process successful iam going rite evn though if the verification process is a failure!

actually that was the only time i have noticed a "burn process complete "and "verification process Failure" also in tht Dlayer i didn't notice any skips or anything as such which is kinda wired of nero 7 essential to make an error in the verification , could u look at my 4th post and tell me what do u think as well as tis

Oh, I missed that one.

I meant that before going to burn a dvd, make sure the files you're burning are on a different drive.

I'm assuming you have to select the files you're burning from inside nero. Just copy them to the other drive before hand. That way it doesn't put as much load on the drive running the torrents.

Archived