Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

Client Release Notifications (subscribe here!)

Recommended Posts

I've got a release candidate that has completed testing, however yesterday I found a resource leak that occurs on every HTTP connection (e.g. every request by the web UI to update status) in code added since the previous release.

I fixed the resource leak yesterday, last night's builds and unit/system testing (with the fix) passed, and stress testing starts on that revision today. It should be ready Tuesday if all goes well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3.0 22708 released.

Download here! http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux

Changelog:

- Added daemon argument which directs the server to run in its own

process group

- Added usage argument which directs the server to display the set of

valid command-line arguments before exiting - server also prints error

and usage messages before exiting if it detects at least one

unrecognized command-line argument

- Added settings finish_cmd and state_cmd to provide a way to invoke

asynchronous processes for torrent lifecycle events

- The add torrent dialog in the web UI now allows the user to choose

which download directory to use for the torrent being added

- Correct JSON output is now generated for the list-dirs action request

- The name of the directory created by extracting the product archive now

includes utorrent instead of bittorrent

- Removed ul_slots_per_torrent setting since it no longer has a function

- Added ut_webui_dir setting in the configuration file, which specifies

the directory containing the webui.zip archive or the unarchived files

to be served for the web UI

- Added pidfile argument which permits the specification of a file to be

created by the utserver process which will contain the ID of the

utserver process

- Added logmask setting in the configuration file which permits logging

to be configured (and subsequently modified as part of handling a

hangup signal), and removed support for LOGMASK environment variable

- The server rereads the configuration file upon receipt of a hangup

signal or when creating or moving a file named rcf.utmr in the

dir_request directory - see the cautions in the user manual about

sending a hangup signal when attempting to change the value of

dir_request

- Added settings admin_name and admin_password to allow administrators to

define initial non-default credentials for authenticating to the server

via the HTTP interface

- Fixed documentation by changing filter_id to filter-id in one place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3.0 22708 released.

This doesn't have a fix for the issue with Unicode characters in file paths. I'm testing a fix for that now, although it will be better tested by all of you since you collectively have more different locale configurations than I can set up. If the stress test passes, I'll release it Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

µTorrent Server 3.0 22789 released.

Download here! http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/linux

Changelog:

- Added fields to the About box in the web UI to present the external IP address and UDP/TCP ports assigned by a UPnP router to the server

- Added speculative fix for crash on POSIX platforms occurring when any configurable directories (e.g., active, completed, temporary, autoload, request) contain Unicode characters

- Fixed documentation by changing feed_id to feed-id in two places

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, oops... hit send a little too early on that previous post.

What was actually released was µTorrent Server 3.0 25053.

Changelog:

- Fix: Eliminated race condition causing crashes when adding torrents

- Fix: Resolved problems associated with moving completed data files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.