Uploadin issues

dolph1n

Hey,

So i'm trying to seed on a private tracker, my ports are forwarded properly according to the setup guide in Utorrent, i tried almost every different kind of setting from these forums. nothing helped me upload more ( i see a peer connect to me for a split second then drop even though their are 50+ peers trying to download) I ended up just resetting back to the default settings in utorrent by erasing the settins.dat and oldsettins in appdata. i hope some one can help me ( i'm not retarded :) i just have tried almost everything i have found on these forums and elsewhere on the internet to get peers to connect to me. i get amazing download speed some times up to 1mb but when i try to seed people dont seem to be able to connect to me. i've completely turned off my firewall and i know my ISP doesn't throttle my speeds.

thanks for the quick reply

yes it appears i am getting many errors

Disconnect: Peer error: offline (timed out)

Disconnect: Peer error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Disconnect: Peer error: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.

what could that mean? and what can i do to fix it .. ?

it's strange to me that i would be getting d/c errors because i never have issues d/c'ing when i play online games or use ventrilo.

i really appreciate the help.. :)

after searching the messages i think it may be a problem with my modem? its an embarq 660... i found some forum posts talking about bridging it instead of using it as a gateway..

well i bridged my modem according to http://www.ehow.com/how_2283354_bridge-centurylink-660-dsl-modem.html and then i re forwarded my ports and made my IP static again and now it seems i am getting another error

Disconnect: Is seed

and i still get lots of

Disconnect: Peer error: A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host.

and peer's still connect for half a second then disconnect

i just want to upload :)

i will keep trying to figure it out...

i'm using a Linksys WRT54G router and the modem is an embarq 660..

Disconnect: Is seed

...Means you and the other end are BOTH seeds and have no reason to download form each other, so they disconnect. Typically happens on private trackers where seeds greatly outnumber peers.

...Can mean the other end is firewalled OR simply no longer online period. Maybe they closed their BitTorrent program or changed ip addresses?

...Seems more like a firewall issue on your end or theirs.

Archived