Trying to Seed but keeps wanting to download

tweaker

I have two machines. I'd like to dedicate one of them for seeding. The .torrent files are over in a folder called D:\Seeding and all of the downloaded files are in D:\Downloads. Now the download itself came from the first PC. When I try to open the torrent up from the one I want to seed from it wants to download again.

So I tried to do something smarter (least I thought).. Add Torrent (no default save)...

I open up the torrent file, and it says "Save as" and I point it to the already downloaded files hoping it would see that the files were already there, check the progress of it and say "now seeding". So I point it to the directory from which it has been downloaded and I get "Some of the files are not there" or something along those lines.

Why does it keep asking me if I want to download this again? Is it because I moved it to another PC?

Have you checked where the directory of the torrent points to? If the torrent starts in a directory (some torrents have a directory where they start off not just files) say "ThisTorrent" and you have this under "D:\Downloads" then when you want to add this from μTorrent (supposed it's completed from one machine) you point μTorrent to "D:\Downloads" NOT "D:\Downloads\ThisTorrent". Checked this?

Archived