Error: Access is Denied

ZoeStars

Ok, ever since I did a recovery on my computer and has to reinstall everything, I've been getting this message whenever I try to download something. I'm not super computer savvy, but I do know enough. I checked the FAQ's before I did anything else. I don't have Google Desktop or MSN Desktop, I turned Indexing off completely and I don't have any of the other software mentioned. I just did a recovery on this computer, so the only software that's on here is the stuff I just reinstalled. However, I did search my comp just to be on the safe side.

Then I turned off my anti-virus, no go. So I tried turning off my firewall. Still no luck. I checked to make sure that there was an exception in the Windows Firewall for utorrent. There is. Everything was working fine before I did the damn recovery. Anyway, the only software that's different is that I'm now running Norton Internet Security 2010 instead of 2009 and Nero 10 instead of Nero 9. Are there any settings in those programs I need to change? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling utorrent, same error. I tried Bittorrent. Same thing. I've noticed that a lot of people are getting the same error. Is there a bug with the latest version? My sister is having the same issue (she lives in Lethbridge, Alberta...I'm in Chilliwack, BC). Please help! I have no idea what to do or what's causing this!

Firewalls and AV's lie about being turned off, and Norton is a terrible piece of shit which deserves to die at the hand of the tool in my signature. After that, Access is Denied is typically folder permission issues. Try a different location and check the folder permissions.

Archived