No torrents listed

zippy

I recently swapped Vuze for uTorrent & was very happy with it. Today however is different. Today when i search for torrents all I get is sponsored/web search results. I tried searching for things I had previously downloaded but still got no torrent results. Also the things I was seeding have disappeared from my uTorrent client. I uninstalled then reinstalled uTorrent but still the same. does anyone know why I am having this problem?. I use win7, uTorrent is on my firewall exceptions but can't list torrents, please help.

27 views in 2 hours but not 1 comment?.... If uTorrent won't list torrents then it's nothing more than a search engine. I don't need another search engine. Will go back to Vuze, at least I know that will keep working for more than 3 days. Thanks .

Am positive. Last night all was well but today nothing working as it should. uninstalled uTorrent from progs list, reinstalled it but it doesn't install to progs list just to a folder. Even if I search for things from uTorrent home page it just gives me sponsored/web search results. Thanks for helping though but think I will go back to Vuze. your help much appreciated moogly.

If resume.dat is corrupt, you can uninstall/install µT 1000 times, that will not fix the issue.

Your .torrents are stored by default in %appdata%\utorrent (or in Preferences > Directories)

Just reload each .torrent file into µT and select the correct folder where are stored your complete/partial files. µT will force a recheck and resume all the seeding/downloading tasks.

About the search, it's just a research engine like Google, no more no less.

You can add search engines to the search bar integrated in µT: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=485984#p485984

I'm having the same problem as Zippy mentioned in the first part of his/her post. The replies have so far been concerned with the second part of the post, though, so I need to add to the thread:

The torrent search engine in my Utorrent application is suddenly behaving as if it was a Google search, rather than a torrent search, so the results I get are not torrent sites, only things like Wikepedia and Amazon.

The two search options in the Utorrent program I have are Bit torrent and Google, and both of them produce the same results.

The files I'm seeding are still present, correct and active, unlike Zippy's, so there's no problem there.

I've uninstalled Utorrent, deleted all the related files and then reinstalled the program but the problem remains.

I even tried a Windows system restore to a point which was three months ago, and the same problem occurs.

I'm baffled. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you read my post? Surely you didn't.

Because of legal issues, only Google and BT are available in the search bar included in µT, the other torrent search engines have been removed for ages.

BUT you can add your own torrent search engines (like in Firefox) in Preferences > Advanced > UI Extras.

See my previous post to know how to add torrent search engines.

no, i'm having the EXACT same problem they're having. the torrent search is no longer listing TORRENTS. the only things that come up are websites.

i think i torrented something as recently as a few days ago....but now there's nothing.

for BitTorrent, on the top of the page it says "Show: Torrents | Web Results"

there's no difference between "torrents" and "web results". what's the deal?

Yes Moogly I read your reply, Followed your instructions & found my torrents where you said they would be but the fact is uT still doesn't list torrents in the search. I understand what you're saying about adding torrents due to the legality issue but I didn't need to do that previously. uT was set to Bittorrent in the search bar & found torrents ok before with no problem. Also it doesn't explain why uT won't install itself in the program list but instead operates from the Download folder. Plus, where I was previously getting DL speeds of 500Kbs+ I now get well below 100Kbs. I know that some torrents are slower than others so I tested the speed by downloading torrents I had previously downloaded. Downloads that I knew were fast are now very slow. uT doesn't install in either program list or put icon on desktop. Whilst I know how to create a shortcut it doesn't get round the fact that I had to manually exempt it in the firewall. I think there will be a lot more posts on this subject in the coming days/weeks.

OK... Update... I just ran the Compatibility Trouble Shooter in Windows & the result....... INCOMPATIBLE APPLICATION. Now then how can this be if uT worked well previously?. Perhaps the answer is that Microsoft have released a patch to stop torrent use, perhaps not.

Remember the search through BitTorrent.com is provided by Ask's search engine.

So the results are almost similar if you go to Ask.com and you enter the same keyword.

Anyway I don't use the µT search bar to find torrents, I just use Google, you can easily add the operator 'filetype:torrent' to the keyword when you search with Google.

It's really odd, as I was getting torrent sites from the Utorrent search engine just a few days ago, so it certainly hasn't been non-functional for long.

It's not too much of a problem, though, as I usually end up using the results from the Torrentz search engine, so will start searching directly from there instead.

Re some of Zippy's other problems:

Something else seems to be going on there. My download speeds haven't slowed down at all, and my seeds are still working OK.

And Utorrent works from whichever folder you put it in, so it can go in Program Files if you want it to. Just create a shortcut to it after moving it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived