Reinstall utorrent but keep torrents

AmD321

Hi, I'm going to be reformatting my computer which means that I'll have to reinstall utorrent

Anyway I was hoping to keep my list of torrents that are in utorrent.

I know that there are torrent files saved in application data but it has 4 times as many torrent files as I have in utorrent. So I was wondering if there was a way to just save the ones that are actually in the client without having to sort through hundreds of torrent. I'm not sure why utorrent keeps the torrent file (oh actually is that coz I just choose to remove torrent from client rather than selecting remove and delete .torrent?)

Also keeping the labels would be useful but I accept this might be impossible,

Anyway thanks

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

I always use the "Remove and Delete .torrent" option whenever I delete finished torrents from my download list, however I always end up with hundreds of old torrents that don't actually get deleted. So when it comes time to save the torrents that ARE in the list, it's impossible. This has been a problem for years. :(

You can copy that whole folder to the new install. try to install the same version as you were previously running, once everything is in the new install then you can update utorrent as well.

It doesn't really make a difference in utorrent whether or not those old torrent files are in there, just as long as the ones that are still on the list are all there for hashing purposes. The only way is to go through and delete the one's that aren't and from then on use the delete torrent option.

Keep in mind that you will have to re-hash every torrent in your list once you get everything up and running again. This is assuming everything is in exactly the same spot as before, (drive letters, paths, etc)

Archived