File priority back to main list

Compiemunky

• 2 weeks later...

I also found this change to be quite abrasive. I use the file prioritization options a lot due to having a rather slow connection. Having to make another step in this process isn't all that welcome.

I know that this is an attempt to streamline menus and so on, but the 'Prioritize by file order' is either not working properly or is completely useless to me. I would want it to distribute priority flags evenly between the files I have selected, yet all it seems to do is set everything to high priority.

I see a few possible ways to work around this problem. One is to make the 'Prioritize by file order' option a little more user friendly. Or, simply show the full list of priorities in the base menu as it was before.

Another possibility; the file list could duplicate the functionality of the torrent list; in the torrent list, if you right click on an entry in the 'BW Allocation' column, it will display a custom menu with just the bandwidth allocation options. The same could be done with the file list by giving us a custom menu when we right mouse click on an entry in the 'Priority' column.

I second the author, though only because the "prioritize by order" thing does not initiate downloading if the torrent is running but complete. That is, I have to prioritize files using this options, and the stop-start the torrent. Also, it's useless when i want to select just 3 or a little more files. I know it's done to eliminate "sequential downloading", but who cares in the 21st century when most have 10+mbps connection and the prioritization can still be almost as easily done?

I know it's done to eliminate "sequential downloading"

Uh... I'm more inclined to believe the menu was placed in a submenu due to insufficient planning -- not by deliberate design (and most definitely not for that quoted reason). Submenus are used because the granular file priorities would take up too much space in the menu if they were all there. The "insufficient planning" I'm referring to is that they probably didn't think out what would happen if users don't want to use granular file prioritization. In that situation, it should (IMHO) definitely revert back to the old behavior.

I'm more inclined to believe the menu was placed in a submenu due to insufficient planning -- not by deliberate design

Well, what it was "replaced" with--Prioritize by File Order--doesn't do the job for 7 or less files, so...

Also, your signature is somewhat broken ( shows up) :3

• 10 months later...

hmmm...my message I've posted couple of hours ago is gone.. deleted?

won't type a lot again...

i suggested to add 1-100 scale priorities to files in torrent...so "prioritize by file order" option would work better for torrents with big amount of files (10-20-50 etc like in shows with dozens of episodes) so it would download one by one, so it would be possible to watch it from start while torrent is downloading

• 8 months later...

Totally agree. Its one of the reasons along with repeated 100% Disk Overloaded I reverted to an early version, just upgraded to 3.2 and already miss it.

I use it alot and though is only a minor thing in the program it does get cumbersome fast. I don't know why it was changed to a secondary menu in the first place? It's already a very small menu and having those 2 extra lines doesn't make it wider or much bigger at all.

I also request it could please be put back.

Archived