Deleting obsolete file locations

The Gardon Hunters

Hello

I seem to have accumulated quite a number of file locations in the 'save as' drop down menu in the 'add new torrent' window. This is because I've changed the location of where I put the files now.

Is there a way that I can delete the unwanted file locations and just leave the active ones to chose from in this menu.

Thanks.

Hello moogly

Thank you for your quick response. I did what you suggested to the letter, removing all the unwanted entries. When the pop up window came up asking if I wanted to save the changes, I said yes and it removed all the unwanted entries. I restarted the computer after doing this but when I tried to download a torrent, all the locations are back again and when I looked into the settings.dat file, they've all been re-instated.

Where have I gone wrong?

Are you sure you saved the changes before closing BEncode Editor. You need to close µT before editing this file.

Anyway when you add a new torrent into µT, the client offers you automatically a list of destination folders to save your torrent. And this list can't be deleted.

Yes moogly, we saved the changes before closing BEncode Editor and uT was not open either.

I understand what you're saying that the client offers you automatically a list of destination folders to save the torrent in which cannot be deleted. But what if the file/paths do not exist any more. I no longer have a couple of drives I used previously - they aren't even on the PC any more but still the drop down menu shows them. It's these (and only these) I want to delete. Not the ones in use at the moment - the drop down menu shows 10 locations but only 4 are actually current.

If I were to uninstall and reinstall uT would the problem still exist?

That's fixed it. What confused me was that there was a settings folder and a settings.dat file, which is what I used. It turned out that the settings.dat was an OLD file so I did the same procedure in the settings folder and hey presto - it's sorted.

Thanks for your patience and your help.

You really are a top man!!! :)

Archived