Folders not made.

asellus

Software used: µTorrent Server alpha (3.0 build 24118)

With Windows version of utorrent, if I load a torrent with multiple files in it, a folder will be made in the specified download directory and all the files that will be downloaded will be put there.

But with this Linux version (very good for seedboxes), if I load the exact same torrent, utorrent will not make a specific directory for the said torrent, and instead will dump all the contents inside the specified download directory. This is fine in most cases, but havoc will ensue if I ever load 2 torrents that has files with the same name in them (such as readme.txt).

Can this be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
Additional findings...

This only happens if I used utorrent to load the .torrent file via URL. If I save the .torrent file to my hard disk first, then upload it to the server, the folder will be created correctly.

that's really odd, as I don't have that issue. I always copy and paste the url to the .torrent file into the WebUI and the subfolder(s) get created just fine. I too am running CentOS 5.5 x86.

I also use the "Send to WebUI" Firefox plugin, and again, no problems with subfolders. After it's installed, you just right click on the .torrent link and select Send to WebUI - very handy.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/send-to-webui/

maybe that will make life a little easier for you with your setup?

That's not the case for me, if I load the .torrent file via URL (with the stock webui or the newer 0.380 WIP). Example is http://goo.gl/WVBDW (may be NSFW). Loading the .torrent via URL and all the files within the torrent will be dumped into the download directory, while if I saved the .torrent first, and then upload it via the webui, the correct directory will be created and the files in the .torrent will be created there.

I cannot use the Firefox plugin because I use Firefox 4 beta 11.

That's not the case for me, if I load the .torrent file via URL (with the stock webui or the newer 0.380 WIP). Example is http://goo.gl/WVBDW (may be NSFW). Loading the .torrent via URL and all the files within the torrent will be dumped into the download directory, while if I saved the .torrent first, and then upload it via the webui, the correct directory will be created and the files in the .torrent will be created there.

I cannot use the Firefox plugin because I use Firefox 4 beta 11.

Seems I've opened my mouth and proceeded to insert my foot ... I too am now exhibiting the same behavior, and even noted it in another thread where the pre-configured "downloading" folder gets moved to the "completed" downloads folder. See that thread HERE (should be right below or right above this thread).

I now believe the moving folder bug is related to this one.

I am having the same exact issue. I'm surprised that others aren't experiencing this. Perhaps it's because I run utorrent as root? I'll try creating a user and setting folder permissions to said user later and see if the issue persists when I run uTorrent as that user. Btw, I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 in a OpenVZ container. I'm using the latest utorrent-server-3.0-24733

This only happens if I used utorrent to load the .torrent file via URL. If I save the .torrent file to my hard disk first, then upload it to the server, the folder will be created correctly.

This week, an engineer found and fixed a problem specific to the server and embedded products, that affected moving completed torrent data files. I believe he also found that it only occurred with torrents added via URL. It sounds like that will fix what you are seeing.

However, the system test of the active and completed directory operation is now failing, so there's a little more work to do in that area before starting to prepare another server release.

However, the system test of the active and completed directory operation is now failing, so there's a little more work to do in that area before starting to prepare another server release.

I just found and fixed that bug, so I'll start stress testing another release on Monday, as long as nightly builds and tests pass.

I'll start stress testing another release on Monday, as long as nightly builds and tests pass.

This will be delayed probably a day or so. On Friday I found a race condition that can cause the server to crash when adding a torrent. My proposed fix is waiting for code review, which will probably happen today. Estimated date for release of next revision with these fixes is Monday, March 14.

Archived