Some courtesy please.

LordWolf

Topic: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=566438#p566438

I had tried looking for a similar topic but couldn't find it. Something to point me in the right direction (such as topic name or known keywords to find it myself) would have been helpful.

Topic: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=566438#p566438

Um, I find NO topics in the feature requests forum on this subject at all, so it's been deleted, moved, whatever else, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been requested before. Wouldn't it be helpful to future visitors to find the topic in the feature request area and see it, plain as day, that it's already been addressed?

Don't get me wrong, if something has been requested before, I just want to read up on it. So a pointer in the right direction would be helpful, since I couldn't find it on my own to begin with.

By constantly restarting it, it has solved my the problem of it not completing. But the point of this topic is that it's a bit confusing and counterproductive to have requests instantly trashed without some direction on where or how to find previous requests or if there are no findable requests.

I know about searching before posting and I read the points about duplicate topics being locked. However, if there are no similar topics to find, then people will continue to make new topics on the same things, which in turn means more work on moderating. It's basically the same as being told to read the FAQ, then asking a question that's not in there but getting the response, "that's a frequently asked question" and the topic being trashed. If there's nothing findable, then to find out that it's something asked for before is confusing because it wasn't found during a search.

On the other request I made, where is the other topic? I don't mind searching for it myself if you could give me a few unique keywords that you know are within the topic to narrow down the results. People tend to word things differently, so I could go searching for days and not find anything.

Archived