Share Ratio

stjo

I use bittorrent. When I sought help I was lead to believe my answer could be found here.

I have searched and come close to satisfaction.

My understanding of torrents stems merely from years of DLing experience.

In the early days I always had minimum HD space and I was, I suppose, a leacher as I would transfer the files as soon as they completed.

Now, I have HD space yet when I got to nearly 90% of a particular file, I noticed that only 4Mb had been ULed thus my share ratio of the 6Gb file was dismal. The error I am getting is that I need to raise my share ratio to .25.

A smaller file has DLed far less yet has ULed more. Even a much larger file which has been active for nearly 10 months has a higher ratio. Are ratio limits set by torrent ULer?

My main question is this: how can I possibly raise the ratio when the file remains unattainable? I am not able to either UL or DL.

The file remains "red" and under the tracker tab reads the error.

What can I do?

I have asked for help from the ULer and have yet to get a response.

Any suggestions?

I DO keep my UL limit very low because I tether and get throttled EVERY month by my carrier. Recently, my limit was cut from 10G to 5 per month.

This is my first encounter with share ratio in nearly 12 years of using bittorrent. Even when I ran a 837Mghz laptop with a 20G HD.

Woe is me.

Are ratio limits set by torrent ULer?

The user can set a seeding goal per torrent, just open the priorities of the torrent job.

My main question is this: how can I possibly raise the ratio when the file remains unattainable? I am not able to either UL or DL.

The file remains "red" and under the tracker tab reads the error.

What's the tracker message? (look at the Tracker tab, status)

It's almost comical how little of torrents I know despite having used the prog so long.

So, why are ratios different in GUI, under ratio column? I read that share ratio is total, combining an account's completed transfer total- both up and down.

Why tho do the files that remain on PC not seed, thus increasing my share ratio?

Should I UL a tracker myself, a cool vid perhaps?

I don't want to leech......anymore.

I have space.

I'll keep digging but a map would help.

cheers

Archived