ETA of when INDIVUAL files will be done.

dlf

Files aren't downloaded in sequential order, and the pieces in the torrent are also requested randomly. You might have one piece left for a file, but it might not be available from a peer willing to upload or get requested for hours, for one reason or another.

• 3 years later...

I think it would be usefull -and possible- to be able to see the average download speed of an individual file. (it would be enough to subtract the current downloaded amount from the downloaded amount x time ago for a couple of delta-t's and a guestimate can be made)

Once the individual download speed is available it should be easy to calculate an individual ETA "guestimate".

Maybe when this thread was started 4 years ago internet connections weren't fast/predictable enough to allow for this -i know mine wasn't.

This would be very usefull when downloading (for instance) a torrent containing an entire season of a TV-show. This way it would be possible to know when the next episode will have finished downloading -especially usefull for those that assign download priorities whisely.

Archived