Hello,

ShaneV

I've fast internet, and want my uTorrent settings to be set so i can get the max out of it.

120 Mbits down & 10 Mbits up is what i've got.

Hope u can help. Please forgive me if i've placed this in either the wrong section, or whatever!

1st, when starting a new topic, please use informative, descriptive subject related words in a post title that summarize your topic of discussion. "Hello" merely sounds like you are new here and introducing yourself.

2nd, what is your interpretation of "getting the max out of it"? What is your goal? Downloading? Sharing?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58404

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Alright, i'm sorry.. I did not think of that.

The 2 Links you gave me, i've already done.

Anyway, its about Downloading, and I was wondering about for example " Number of Connections " wich is currently set to Maximum 600 & Maximum Peers 100 and upload slots 8.

I've got my upload set as 150 KB/s and Ive got Total of 1 MB/s Upload. and uTorrent says arround 14MB/s Download.

soz for the inconvenience!

No doubt you have a pipe larger than most. Unless you are trying to get something like a firstday MPAA/RIAA blockbuster RIP release, you might not connect to enough seeds to reach your download capacity.

120 Mbits down & 10 Mbits up is what i've got.

I've got my upload set as 150 KB/s

If you have 10Mbits/s (1250 kB/s) upload available, why set your uTorrent limit so low? (12% of available capacity)

Choking your upload speed might have a detrimental effect on your download speed.

@ Bently,

Well, I read or saw it somewhere when i was looking up best settings, figured i'd try it out.

I think your right, and figuring out what the right upload should be is perhaps a good way to see if i can get better download speed.

Also, about my question regarding Settings in Bandwidth tab. especialy under " Number of Connections"

That right?

Yes, the DL speed depends on the swarm quality (not only that but it's an important parameter), but you can't "play" with this parameter. A huge swarm doesn't imply systematically that you will max out your DL speed.

So I guess in your case the torrents are not so fast, that's why the speed is not its max.

Newbee to torrents, and Hughesnet. Just trying out the systems. I have not liked Hughes net in that when I would connect to the Internet, I would have to reboot the computer. I am possibly a little bit to impaticent.

For the past few nights I have been experimenting with the FAP. Then I turn on Seeding for the rest of the day. It did not seem to add to the overhead on the meter. However now I do not have to fuss with connecting to Hughes it is always there.

Speed of the Free Zone down loads has been good.

Archived