~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent - Wrong Folder

rockrabbit

I've searched the forums and see this is a common issue that utorrent is not downloading to the correct folder, but instead to ~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent.

This is highly annoying and I've yet to see a solution to this problem.

I've run both 1.0.X and am now running 1.5.4 hoping it would solve the issue, but alas no!

So please, if anybody has found a solution to get utorrent to download to my specified folder location instead of the users folder, please please please share how to do it!

Many thanks!

• 2 months later...

I seem to have a similar, if not the same issue. I upgraded today from 1.0.3 for Mac to 1.5.9 Beta. I then went to the preferences> Directories. 'Put new downloads in' was already set to 'bittorrent', my default folder for all BT downloads. I checked 'Move completed downloads to:' and also set that to 'bittorrent' (the same folder' but checked 'Append the torrent's label' and then went through and set appropriate labels for all of my torrents. I assumed this would move files from the default 'bittorrent' file to 'bittorrent/label name.' However, when I checked a few completed torrents a couple hours later, they had been moved to '/Users/myusername/Library/Application/uTorrent/label name.'

I've since created a new folder at 'bittorrent/finished' and set 'Move completed downloads to:' to that folder to see if that changes the behavior. I left the 'Append the torrent's label' option on. Will update when another torrent completes.

Also, using OS X 10.5.8.

Ok, the torrent that just finished moved itself to '~/Downloads/bittorrent/finished/label name' like it was supposed to.

This should be the desired behavior, one would think. However, what I was hoping was that I could have torrents start in '~Downloads/bittorrent' and then have completed files moved to '~/Downloads/bittorrent/label name.' For my purposes, that's the desired behavior.

Archived