Incomplete download due to PADDING

I found that some downloads could not be completed using uTorrent, held at ~99.X% (first and/or last pieces of the files were missing).

This problem exists if the download has skipped files (also skipped by other peers) but no seed. So, it usually occured when downloading those torrents created by BitComet (with padding files) (Or no one chooses to download files that "next to" the files I want) while no peers is using uTorrent.

I never found this problem before changing to use uTorrent (I think that the selected files should be 100% completed at other peers using other client). I heard that uTorrent would save the entire pieces for every selected files, which means that the downloads wouldn't be completed unless every pieces used by the files are completely avalible. Is it a must? is there any option in uTorrent to save the "unfinished first and/or last pieces" so that I can completely download those files? (I tried to disable "diskio.use_partfile", but it doesn't seems to be working).

Also, is there any option to see the "numeric" availablity of the "selected part"? I found that the "Avail." would show the avaliablity of the whole torrent. Is it possible (or will the uTorrent do) to show the "Selected Avail", which is the avaliablity of the "setected part going to be downloaded" only.

BitComet padding files along with its behavior makes it impossible or difficult to finish downloading the torrent, unless you have the same broken behavior.

As for having the entire piece, it is a must. BitTorrent works based off entire pieces, and there's no way to validate the piece without having it in its entirety.

• 2 weeks later...
BitComet padding files along with its behavior makes it impossible or difficult to finish downloading the torrent, unless you have the same broken behavior.

As for having the entire piece, it is a must. BitTorrent works based off entire pieces, and there's no way to validate the piece without having it in its entirety.

For another similar issue, I found that although the files is 100% completed, if those files "next to" them (or the partfile) are missed, 9x% will be shown rather than 100% if I hash (or Force Re-Check) them using uTorrent.

I think that it could be solved as Bitcomet work fine to show the value of 100%... ...

Archived