Newbie Needs Help

ciscokid

i managed to download a torrent movie with uTorrent. However I am having trouble playing it.

I have the most recent version of QuickTime, and Flip4Mac. I have an older Mac, pre-intel.

When trying to play the movie, I get no picture, no sound. What went wrong?

Can someone steer me in the right direction, what I might do to watch this movie.

i managed to download a torrent movie with uTorrent. However I am having trouble playing it. I have the most recent version of QuickTime, and Flip4Mac. I have an older Mac, pre-intel.

When trying to play the movie, I get no picture, no sound. What went wrong?

Can someone steer me in the right direction, what I might do to watch this movie.

I don't know much about Macs, but I'm sure the same Windows principles apply here. What's a "torrent movie"? µT simply downloads (and uploads) packets from many different sources (seeders and leechers) and puts them together. It doesn't know or care whether it's a movie, a picture, a software program, or whatever. Given that, does your old Mac have the appropriate codecs to play the movie? I'm sure that somewhere, someplace in the vast internet there exist many sites that have the codecs you're looking for.

Sorry about not using the right terminologies. No my old Mac doesn't have the appropriate codecs. The ones that I found online, all required a Mac with an Intel Processor .

Hopefully a Mac person might know the answer.

This is greek to me and I feel like a dinosaur. :)

Sorry about not using the right terminologies. No my old Mac doesn't have the appropriate codecs. The ones that I found online, all required a Mac with an Intel Processor .

Hopefully a Mac person might know the answer.

This is greek to me and I feel like a dinosaur. :)

You know something? I think the time has arrived to upgrade your Mac. If Macs are what you're into, unfortunately it's going to cost you (PC's, as you know, are much cheaper). Many people (not referring to you) don't understand that in the computer world, upgrading is an unavoidable fact of life.

Archived