Delete files which are on disk but not part of the torrent

bugmenot2

Hi,

- Let's say I'm downloading the content of a torrent called "toto23.torrent" to a folder called C:\myTorrents\totoContents.

- Let's also say that "toto" is composed of frequently updated files and folders (toto23 being the 23th iteration of toto). Sometimes, when a new torrent version is uploaded, new files are created and other are deleted. Which means I have some useless files on my hard drive, since I only need the latest torrent contents.

=> I am looking for a way to delete every file from C:\myTorrents\totoContents which isn't part of toto23.torrent.

Is there some way to do that ? I could make a small program for it, but I think it would require reading the files list from the torrent file (unless µtorrent has some sort of file list export), I do not know how to do that.

edit : now that I think about it, one solution would be to start downloading the torrent a 2nd time in another folder, then use a diff program to spot the differences.

It would be even better if I could allocate empty files with µtorrent, but this isn't a standard option is it ?

Archived