Speed test failed

mmegorey

Results: Speed test failed.

Connection failed error: Timed our. (10060)

-Tested with all locations, and all speeds.

I have followed all instructions on the setup guide, including: enabling protocol encryption, authorizing utorrent with my Windows firewall, trying out various torrents, etc. Every time there is no upload speed, no download speed, and every time my speed test fails. I've also disabled my antivirus from possibly blocking utorrent. My network connection is fine, and when doing a speed test at speedtest.net I get a 3.05 mbps download speed with a .70 mbps upload speed.

I am using a new download of utorrent (I thought utorrent might work better than Vuze. so far, they're having the same issue and I prefer utorrent though!). I have removed and recreated the authorization in my firewall at least twice now. I've put all my settings back to normal, save for what the setup guide recommended. I have Verizon internet, the little icon at the bottom right corner of utorrent is a yellow error triangle, I am using Windows XP. I'm not sure what other information might be relevant.

I have no idea what to do to fix this! Please help me. :(

Have you already completed any of the following actions,

set up your computer to use a static ip

log into your Verizon router and make a rule forwarding for the port you set in utorrent

Run the fios optimizer tool which is available on Verizon's website.

As for the failed speed test which I see so many people reporting, most of the time the failure is related to DNS servers provided by their ISP.

To fix this issue go into your local area connection properties then internet protocol properties and activate the option "use the following DNS server addresses", I suggest using Comodo's Secure DNS. Comodo's DNS addresses can be found at http://www.comodo.com/secure-dns/. I also listed them below

Set your preferred DNS server to :

Set your Alternate DNS server to :

This will resolve your speed test errors in utorrent, you may have to restart after changing the DNS server settings.

Archived