A complete step by step how to for utorrent

cry_wolf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not recommend compiling glibc-2.11 for utserver binary. A safe way however, would be to use OpenVZ (a very light weight linux-only virtualization/container) and install a minimal 32 bit centos 6.2 from a minimal-installation CD. And install utserver in it. This option is considerable only if you have free resources like disk space, CPU and RAM available.

here is OpenVZ (http://wiki.openvz.org/Main_Page)

here is Centos 6.2 32bit minimal installation CD, no need to download the whole DVD: http://mirror.crazynetwork.it/centos/6.2/isos/i386/CentOS-6.2-i386-minimal.iso

no i don't want to install it cause first of all i'm not familiar with it and second some program i use, only supports centos. So i want to install centos 6. But sadly it is not there in the vps panel by default. so i need to install first centos 5.5 and then install 6 by using ssh. I think it will be possible to this process(maybe by wget or any other) as one can install Linux from windows environment. A step by step guide will be very helpfil to me.

Thanks in advance.

no i don't want to install it cause first of all i'm not familiar with it

It is almost same as centos. Infact Fedora is the upstream of Red Hat Enterprise Linux/Cent OS

and second some program i use, only supports centos.

Just curious what program is it? I can't imagine why a program running on centos won't/can't run on fedora!

so i need to install first centos 5.5 and then install 6 by using ssh. I think it will be possible to this process(maybe by wget or any other) as one can install Linux from windows environment. A step by step guide will be very helpfil to me.

Direct major version upgrades are not supported and cause many problems. Have a look here: http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/MigrationGuide/MigratingFiveToSix

maybe if i get familiar with fedora, but the 2nd reason will prevent me to use.

Kloxo.

So is there any way to install centos 6 without the help of hosting provider (Well they not gonna help in this case, or it will take a long time) ? I will not upgrade. i will do fresh install. i will just use centos 5.5 to install 6. If fedora can do it then ok, i will first install fedora and then install centos 6.

Or i need to forget about utorrent and move up with other things like torrentflux.

man you are great.. how and why the heck you know too much?? :o from where you learn?? :/ tellme, so that i can too.. :rolleyes:

yes that works, and works like a charm. It downloaded a 14.2 GB file in just less than 5 minutes. Speed like rocket, but, but.. it gave me problem. My hosting get suspended. Reason? Malicious Traffic.

I think by altering the settings i will be able to prevent the suspension. Please suggest me a safer settings.

Thanks too much.. :)

Ok lets come to the point. Maybe other can also get this same problem.

in suspending reason they told 'Malicious Traffic.' This is because it downloaded too much data at a time, so it suspended. It's auto by a IDS for sure.But they never showed the reason there utorrent install detected. That means they don't know why the malicious traffic./ they only know that it is malicious. So i can hide my as*. Now the thing what i need to do is limit the torrent client, so that it can't run on its top notch. I think it can be done by the config file. but what exactly i really need to limit? i mean only download and upload speed or any other ones.

You have openvz there. can you install there any ids system and further investigate what it do and when they trigger the red button.

At the end i will tell you, you helped a lot. But maybe all your help will be no reason for me if i cant run this server now. But as always thank you very much for everything.

I am new to UT (kat) and I just started downloading movies I want to burn on a DVD. However everything I download is in a mkv file. I can burn ok to a DVD but none of them will play on my PC after burning them or in my DVD or Blue-Ray Players. The Torrents will, however, play direct to my pc before I burn them. How can I change the file from a MKV to something that will play on my DVD or Blue- Ray player? Any info help would be much appreciated... thanks.

it is a forum where people discuss about running it in linux environment. look at this thread from first and i think everything will go beyondd your knowledge, so i will recommend you to create a new thread in windows section as i'm assuming you are from windows platform.

Archived