? Location of Incomplete Pieces / Back Up Incomplete List

Hi,

I couldn't find any posts about this so I thought I'd ask.

I would like a foolproof way of backing up torrent progress to avoid having to re-download things, especially for large/massive torrents.

Currently I back up (copy to another location) the contents of %APPDATA%\uTorrent I am now wondering where the incomplete pieces (those shown in the Pieces tab) are located. The evidence would suggest that they are located in the actual files and a list is kept rather than storing them somewhere. Is this correct?

Is there a way of "saving" the incomplete pieces so that if for example the system crashes, you accidentally force a recheck :) or some other event occurs that clears the incomplete piece list, you can restore the pieces that were downloaded and avoid having to download them again.

I ask this because there have been times where I was for example downloading a 1GB file and had 75 incomplete pieces at 2MB each, so that I had downloaded 100MB out of 150MB. Something happens and the incomplete list is wiped, and I now have to re-download that 100MB again even though they are already present.

µTorrent already keeps track of the progress on the block level, why not allow backups to prevent waste of bandwidth?

Any ideas?

I don't believe it does if you restart the client because I know for a fact that I have quit µTorrent and started it later and had the piece list already populated as before.

Hmmm... that's not good. Perhaps µTorrent is not closing properly or was restarted before the buffers were finished flushing to disk. The uTorrent.exe process always stays open for a few moments after quitting.

Archived