uTorrent crashes when opening "Ratings" tab

vv

Today I've updated uTorrent from v2.2.1 to v3.1.2.26740 and after starting to download uTorrent has crashed :(

uTorrent crashed when I tried to open the new "Ratings" tab. Tab was not opened and instead the program just hang (no response, no menu bar)... I Killed it with Task Manager. I don't use "Rating" and don't need it. But when I tried to open it again after restarting the program (I did it many times), result was always the same - immediate crash... Not good at all :(

It makes me consider to go back to v.2.2.1...

@Firon

I don't use W7 and my WXP doesn't offer that option in Task Manager.

I see a lot of files in program folder with .dmp extension. But for my privacy protection I don't want to publish any of those big files (more than 5 MiB of encoded data).

Do you know a tool, that will just kill the hung application and produce a small file, containing just stack data, that will help to diagnose the problem?

The problem always occurs when I select a torrent in torrents list and then click on "Ratings" tab. When I just open uTorrent and without selecting any torrent just click on that tab, I may see its content. But then, if I try to select a torrent from the list, the program just immediately exits without any warnings...

Unfortunately, you can only generate big dumps in this particular case. There's no way around it.

In the Windows Task Manager or Process Explorer, look for the [PID] of the µTorrent process. From there, File > Run > ntsd.exe -p [PID] -e [PID] -c ".dump c:\jit.dmp;q"

where [PID] needs to be replaced with the PID of the µTorrent process found in the process list viewer (don't include square brackets). The resulting dump can be found as c:\jit.dmp. Do this when µTorrent hangs, and post the dump.

You'll probably need to upload it to mediafire.com and email me the link. You can delete it after I've downloaded it.

I won't share the dump, and once it's been processed, it'll be deleted.

OK, I made dump file with stack data with WhatIsHang tool. The ut1zip file is in this place:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rdh4wgyec1hurun

Pwd: ut312

It's a text file containing stack at the time when uTorrent was hung. Some data containing user account is intentionally removed. Please let me know when you get it and I'll remove uploaded file from the cloud.

:

@Firon

How to remove the "Ratings" tab from the 'F5' panel?

I've tried the option "gui.enable_ratings = false", but unfortunately, it makes no difference...

If I removed "Ratings" tab from GUI, I'dl never click on it (therefore program will never hang) - problem solved (at least for me). I don't need to use "Ratings" anyway...

BTW, is there any way to adjust the new and changed order of tabs in 'F5' panel? I'd like to restore the old and more logical order. For example I'd like to put General / Info tab first, followed by Trackers, Peers and then put Files close to Pieces. It makes more sense to me, than the latest change in that order.

Thanks

@Firon - thanks a lot. It does work. I've removed both tab "Ratings" form 'F5' panel and column "Ratings" from torrents panel

You, guys, would make it much better if you allowed us to re-order tabs in 'F5' panel though. But thanks anyway.

Archived