What software firewall does everyone use with uTorrent?

php111

Hello everyone,

This would be for a Windows 7 PC 32-bit to see you guys use.

On the top level of personal software firewalls, which ones do you guys use, and did everyone pay, or freeware for one of the top market names with your uTorrent setup?

Honestly, I would like to see what you guys use.

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

This would be for a Windows 7 PC 32-bit to see you guys use.

On the top level of personal software firewalls, which ones do you guys use, and did everyone pay, or freeware for one of the top market names with your uTorrent setup?

Honestly, I would like to see what you guys use.

Thank you!

Anyone you want.... firewall has no affect on torrent speed... unless you don't configure exception (in an out)

If you use window's built in firewall you need not do anything as it auto-magically sets the exception for you .... as long as long as didn't mess with the radio button.

All this and more can be had with one click to guide/setup or FAQ's.... oh yeah btw I use windows built in firewall... cause it's there and passes every firewall test I've run.... it shows stealth ports, no open ports and works just fine. One problem if you like to fiddle around with a lot of custom settings this ain't the one. Look at Comodo "free" (used it for a while) ....enough shit on there to give you a headache... or Zone alarm

One note... some antivirus programs don't like utorrent .... http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2785

Avast comes to mind.....

Rush........

I am using Comodo, its working like a charm without interrupting my torrent client. I don't think there is any interruption from firewall.

Even though your no longer with us "Banned"... I'll still give my two cents about your post since the thread is still active... for now. ;)

X2 on Comodo... awesome firewall, lots of custom settings to use for the advanced as well. Used to run it with Defense+ "disabled" most of the time it... it would give erroneous warnings to totally benign memory access of certain programs. Just a little higher maintenance than I like... my favorite firewall is one that's works quietly in the background and never reminds you it's there, unless it's absolutely necessary like... (unrecognized application requesting access) "block or allow". TICK.....

Rush... "not banned yet... but probably close" :cool:

Archived