Suggestion missing and account blocked?

nscott89

Hello everyone. I posted a suggestion on the idea bank about changing some things about the download queue and my post was deleted and my account was blocked. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I'm sorry if I did something not allowed, but I don't even know what it was.

Thanks in advance!

Nathan

I'm pretty sure it's not been implemented. If it has, I'm not sure how to do it. I would love to have a download queue that prioritizes the first thing downloading such that if it's not maxing out your download limit, it will start the next item, but if that first item speeds up it will pause the other items and focus on the first torrent.

Thanks for the quick reply, too DreadWingKnight!

If it is so wrong minded then why is there an option increase number of upload slots if <90% of the upload limit? I would think that it could be worked out very similarly. With similar precautions programmed, such as a soft limit to not go over 10 active torrents, or trimming down on the number of torrents queued as the first queued torrents increase in speed. Also a check to see if you're even online, just to avoid starting out with too many active downloads. It doesn't seem like it would be a problem if managed properly by the client.

:) There are ways it could work, surely. I know that if it would be relatively unmanaged, sure it would fail, but implemented with precautions I don't see why it would be a problem.

Please point out any holes in my line of thought. =D I'm just trying to think it through.

Archived