'No Label' useless

sanmarcos

The 'No Label' item on the Category List (which already seems bloated by itself) is useless if there are no labels assigned to torrents. For people who do not use labels, it should not be there.

Simplicity, in this particular case, is better. The No Label item does absolutely nothing, no menu actions or click actions. The user already knows there are no labels assigned.

The 'No Label' item should *only* appear *if* there is at least 1 label assigned to any torrrent. Thus establishing the difference between labeled and non labeled torrents.

The separator above the list item should also be removed or moved up above (Active/Inactive).

in this case simply use "F7"

This is not a proper reply to the request. Hiding a problem does not make it go away. It might seem small, but it is necessary.

As polished as uTorrent is, this must not be the exception, tarnishing such great piece of design.

The request, though not a bug, simply describes a simple dysfunction of the display of an otherwise valuable feature. The engineering behind the request simply focuses on the user's wishes. Irrelevant and space consuming information on the GUI must be removed.

Neatness is everything.

Firon: I greatly appreciate the time you take responding here and bug fixing, implementing requests etc. I will donate soon.

What about if instead of having the No Labels active items, there could be just a greyed out (inactive) text (not a list item) saying "No Labels" ?. Becoming an item named "Unlabeled" or "No Labels", as you wish, when there is at least one label applied.

It is certainly a more clean solution than the current one.

Greying it out and putting it as a text item sounds reasonable. I'm not sure if it's possible to make it a text item (if you notice, Windows counts even the divider as a list item), though.

Thank you, and your donations are much appreciated. :)

Archived