can't download from rss - connection closed by peer

gsmi

I've been using utorrent for years and now use eztv and showrss to download from rss.

The last week or so my rss feeds aren't automatically downloading new episodes. If I double click on one I get 'unable to load torrent' 'connection closed by peer'. Occasionally I get other error messages but it's usually that.

If I click to open the torrent URL in the browser the torrent downloads fine then I open it and it starts downloading in utorrent no problem.

I had utorrent 3.1.2 so upgraded to 3.2 with no change.

Any ideas?

PS. The utorrent remote site hasn't worked on iPhone for ages now and I miss it. I understand if it's not high priority tho! ;)

My utorrent is working fine, the only problem is accessing the downloaded files using windows. My OS is windows 7 ultimate, when i download a new torrent and open it directly with utorrent, it opens a second utorrent window and will download without any problem until it is complete. In this new utorrent window i can access the downloaded files using "open containing folder option". Once this utorrent window is closed and you open the same location using windows, the downloaded files are not there. The only files present are the ones in the first utorrent window. I have checked and made sure the save directory is the same, even went further to make all the files in the save directory visible and still i cannot see them. One thing i noted about the files is that when i open them using the second utorrent window, i can not copy, move or edit any one of them except execute and play if it is a software or video. Can somebody please assist,i am the administrator of the pc. I am using utorrent version 3.1.2 .:(

My utorrent is working fine, the only problem is accessing the downloaded files using windows. My OS is windows 7 ultimate, when i download a new torrent and open it directly with utorrent, it opens a second utorrent window and will download without any problem until it is complete. In this new utorrent window i can access the downloaded files using "open containing folder option". Once this utorrent window is closed and you open the same location using windows, the downloaded files are not there. The only files present are the ones in the first utorrent window. I have checked and made sure the save directory is the same, even went further to make all the files in the save directory visible and still i cannot see them. One thing i noted about the files is that when i open them using the second utorrent window, i can not copy, move or edit any one of them except execute and play if it is a software or video. Can somebody please assist,i am the administrator of the pc. I am using utorrent version 3.1.2 .:(

You should really start your own thread rather than hijacking mine dude. I bet neither of us get a response now

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good bit of Hijacking there. :P

I too have this issue (the one the OP posted). Using µTorrent 3.1.3, and trying to load download the file.

cYMc1.png

If I right-click and select "open URL in Browser", then the file downloads correctly.

I've done a Wireshark trace to see if I can spot any differences, and from what I can see, the HTTP Server sends 8524 bytes of data and then the client sends a FIN, ACK - which closes the connection. Analysing the traffic a bit more, I can see that the HTTP request being sent from the client is specifying Connection: close. Wouldn't it be better if it sent the HTTP request to Connection: keep-alive?

More technical data:

This is µTorrent making the request

GET /Finding.Your.Roots.S01E06.Robert.Downey.Jr.720p.HDTV.X264-QCF.torrent HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.110.176.120
User-Agent: BTWebClient/3130(27120)
Accept-Encoding: gzip
Connection: Close

This is the Response from the server

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: application/x-bittorrent
Content-Length: 116247
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Last-Modified: Fri, 04 May 2012 19:02:05 GMT
Connection: Close

d8:announce75:<snip>

This is Web Browser making the request

GET /Finding.Your.Roots.S01E06.Robert.Downey.Jr.720p.HDTV.X264-QCF.torrent HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.110.176.120
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-gb,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Connection: keep-alive

This is the Response from the server

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: application/x-bittorrent
Content-Length: 116247
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Last-Modified: Fri, 04 May 2012 19:02:05 GMT
Connection: Keep-Alive
Keep-Alive: timeout=10, max=99

d8:announce75:<snip>

Disclaimer All files referenced and/or used here is not an indication of piracy. This is a Random torrent used for testing purposes only.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I've has the same problem.

What solved it was disabling Surf-Shield (under the LinkScanner Category) in my AVG antivirus.

Guess it was altering the HTTP packets somehow, assuming the responses are attacks...

Awesome! Thanks for getting to the bottom of this

Hi,

What solved it was disabling Surf-Shield (under the LinkScanner Category) in my AVG antivirus.

Guess it was altering the HTTP packets somehow, assuming the responses are attacks...

I have the same prob with 3.1.3 and have noticed that this fault does it everytime I update uTorrent so the way I fix it is to reinstall an older version I know works. Not the best fix I know.

That said I would like to be able to use the updated versions so I tried the above in AVG still did not work.

So anyone have anything else we can try? Please.

Hi,

Just tried this again and still unable to download some torrents. keep getting the same message "connection closed by peer" Its a real pain in the ass...oh and just a side note KeyszerS why on earth would you want to download Yound Talent Time? only kidding mate.:lol:

oh and just a side note KeyszerS why on earth would you want to download Yound Talent Time? only kidding mate.:lol:

Class :D

I just want to add that I have no anti virus on my virtual machine which I use for my sandbox, so the issue other people have had regarding AVG has not been the same issue I've had.

• 5 months later...

Archived