Peers sending bad data not being banned

oden

Topic pretty much says it all. Observed in 1.6.3 and in 1.6.4. To replicate: single-seed a torrent of your choosing, corrupt the data (a magnet to the HD works well!), download with uTmac 1.6.3 or 1.6.4 and watch the data uploaded on the seeding client fly!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, any progress on this? I can verify it happens on 1.6.4 and it's a pretty big deal. I figure since the same (or a very similar) issue was present and resolved in 3.1 for Windows, maybe you already have an idea on how to fix it?

As someone who recently switched to an ISP with bandwidth caps (boo!), perpetual sending/receiving of data that serves no purpose is something I'd really like to avoid!

What's going on with the development for µTorrent for Mac? Peers sending bad data not being banned is downright dreadful for a torrent client and having this issue for several builds and having no respond for weeks is just not good enough in 2012..

I guess it's time to move away from µTorrent after several years, on both Windows and Mac as this kind of lacklustre development and respond from a developer does not deserve any ones attention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived