Using uTorrent Remote on iPad 2 with private trackers?

XenapZ

Im trying desperatly to use my iPad to download torrents to my PC but I cant find any solution as to how I could download torrents from my private trackers. If I use an open tracker like piratebay its not a problem, even magnet links work ok but with my private trackers its a no go.

When I had my android phone I had an app (cant remember the name) which was so easy to use. I just clicked any torrent in the browser, private or not, and it asked me if I wanted to open it with that app and it downloaded it without a problem, is there a way to do this on the iPad?

• 1 month later...

Here's how I do it. Install dropbox on your ipad. I have a NAS which supports drop box syncing so when I save something from *anywhere* to my dropbox account it automatically shows up on my NAS. I use the feature in utorrent to watch that directory and automatically download any torrent files that show up there.

This works great except for one quirk due to my environment. The download directory is on a share that the utorrent process can't access unless I change permissions but whenever the NAS restarts (not often) it resets the share permissions.

Archived