Force Re-check won't work.

ksanova012

I am uploading a torrent and after I post I download my torrent and set download location then try to force re-check. It starts then dies off and it won't work after that. Also when I am creating the torrent sometimes it adds the files twice creating a new directory. Anyone has any ideas to what is going on or how to fix this?

So I got it to work but it was a painful trial and error.

I followed all the instructions from the other forums, tried uninstalling and re-installing a clean copy of utorrent. Tried to create the torrent multiple times. Stopped my anti-virus and even did a disk defrag to see if there was any damage to my HDD.

Nothing worked and in the end what I ended up doing and getting to work was simple.

1. Downloaded the created torrent and instead of setting the download location just let it download in the regular download location.

2. Stopped the torrent

3. Copy and pasted the original files over the in the regular download location for my files.

4. Force re-check

5. Then started the torrent.

6. It went into sedding mode.

I hope this is of some help to some of those that were having the same problem.

And thanks for ciaobaby for all the support and time that he or she put in for me. Much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
So I got it to work but it was a painful trial and error.

I followed all the instructions from the other forums, tried uninstalling and re-installing a clean copy of utorrent. Tried to create the torrent multiple times. Stopped my anti-virus and even did a disk defrag to see if there was any damage to my HDD.

Nothing worked and in the end what I ended up doing and getting to work was simple.

1. Downloaded the created torrent and instead of setting the download location just let it download in the regular download location.

2. Stopped the torrent

3. Copy and pasted the original files over the in the regular download location for my files.

4. Force re-check

5. Then started the torrent.

6. It went into sedding mode.

I hope this is of some help to some of those that were having the same problem.

And thanks for ciaobaby for all the support and time that he or she put in for me. Much appreciated.

Thank you so much! I ended up cutting and pasting to my documents and then BINGO. very strange as i have uploaded before without this problem.

Archived