Small bug in torrent creation browse for directory

choicefresh

Hi,

I noticed a trivial bug today when creating a torrent from a directory. While browsing for a directory to include in the torrent, I tried to drag one folder inside the panel into another folder and received a "Send File" popup. uTorrent should ignore files dragged onto the window in this matter.

Thanks,

choicefresh

Edit: I also noticed a bug where if I begin seeding a torrent with "Initial Seeding" turned on and then attempt to uncheck it while seeding, the Status column still shows "[F] Initial-Seeding" until I pause and restart seeding. Should I create a separate thread for that?

Have you read through this thread?

No, but unless the Initial-Seeding mode is intended to stay on for a specific amount of time even after the checkbox is unchecked, I believe the bug is valid. Is there a specific post in the thread you are referring to?

also what client version and build is this with and what are the exact steps to reproduce the bug/glitch.

My apologies. I am using uTorrent 3.2.2 Beta build 28138, but I recall experiencing the Initial-Seeding bug in older versions.

Steps to reproduce the Initial-Seeding bug:

1. Stop a torrent.

2. Open the torrent properties window. Select "Initial-Seeding". Press OK.

3. Force Start the torrent.

4. Open the torrent properties window. Deselect "Initial-Seeding". Press OK.

Steps to reproduce the Send File bug:

1. Click "Create New Torrent".

2. Click "Add Directory".

3. Drag one folder shown in the "Browse For Folder" window into another folder.

I tried to drag one folder inside the panel into another folder and received a "Send File" popup. uTorrent should ignore files dragged onto the window in this matter.

Hmm?

The behaviour is triggered by any "drag" behaviour in the browse dialog, dragging a file creates a "Tinyurl" href that obviously goes nowhere, while a "folder" drag throws an "file creation" error.

"Undocumented feature"?

Future expansion?

Or has choicefresh found the "Easter Egg"? :D

Oh and the Initial Seeding is "By design" just as all the torrent property flags are, if every job was to check for property changes "on the fly", the increase in CPU clock cycles usage even for a few dozen jobs would certainly create a large resource footprint. Only testing for, or actioning property changes at job start is the simplest way for what is a static job list.

The behaviour is triggered by any "drag" behaviour in the browse dialog, dragging a file creates a "Tinyurl" href that obviously goes nowhere, while a "folder" drag throws an "file creation" error.

Huh? Are we using different builds? I think the intended feature is well-documented (see http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/send-files) and I get no error messages when dragging files or folders onto the uTorrent window, just the "Send File" dialog I described, which creates a TinyURL that can be sent to someone who wants to download the file/folder. The only issue I found was the recognition of files dragged within the browse dialog by this feature.

Oh and the Initial Seeding is "By design" just as all the torrent property flags are, if every job was to check for property changes "on the fly", the increase in CPU clock cycles usage even for a few dozen jobs would certainly create a large resource footprint.

Makes sense; thanks.

Edit: Fixed URL formatting

Archived