uTorrent Randomly Stops Downloading.

rathel

It can last anywhere between 5 minutes and 5 hours. I am able to get connected again when I go in to preferences then click the random port button.

It worked flawlessly before I changed my router confg, and what I had before should've been worse then what I'm getting now, from what I understand. I was connected to a router bridged to another router that had the internet. But now I'm plugged directly into the router with the internet and now I'm getting all these problems. Why?

now I'm plugged directly into the router with the internet and now I'm getting all these problems. Why?

Probably because your router needs setting up properly.

What more setting up do I need? I got DMZ turned on, for other purposes. I get full connectivity green check mark and everything when I change ports, but then like I said, it loses it randomly.

No idea, but at a guess whatever you you before this
It worked flawlessly before I changed my router confg,

Before I was

computer > router(bridge) > router > internet

and now it's just

computer > router > internet.

I got DMZ turned on,
Why? what do run that needs to be isolated/seperated in a DMZ?

ssh and a few other services I'm to lazy to port forward all the ports.

OK then :rolleyes:. So you are trying to run a torrent client on a network using broadcast routing and wondering why packets are being dropped and/or connections lost by the client.

Do yourself a favour and STOP being too lazy to forward TCP and UDP ports to the appropriate IP so things work correctly.

OK then :rolleyes:. So you are trying to run a torrent client on a network using broadcast routing and wondering why packets are being dropped and/or connections lost by the client.

Do yourself a favour and STOP being too lazy to forward TCP and UDP ports to the appropriate IP so things work correctly.

Tried that and still doesn't work.

Archived