Tweeking utorrent for speed

oif0709

Im sure this is a very common question and topic being as its something that everyone wants. I have been using utorrent for a little over a year after switching from using vuze for about 4 years, Best switch ever. After I got utorrent I went online and looked up how make it faster through a few youtube videos and a couple programs for my computer. I recently learned about utorrent forums and started looking through speed problems, after a little bit of reading I saw that youtube users were only making things worse. I was averaging about 1.2-1.5mbps and after doing what I saw on youtube I got 1.5-1.8 and thought I hit the jackpot. WRONG! I reset all my settings back to normal and simply used the setup guide and am now seeing an average of 3.1 mbps download. Pretty cool if you ask me. Now I have seen it jump up to 4.0mbps occasionally but normally it sticks to 3.0-3.1 mbps I have tcpoptimizer and keep my computer pretty clean and using speedtest.net I am showing a constant speed of 35mbps down and 5.1mbps up. I also use the opendns servers as my main dns for my internet. I dont normally have any internet speed problems. My question is, is there anything else I can do to make my download speeds go even faster? Thanks in advance.

That has nothing to do with what I am asking.

If you say so. However

up to 4.0mbps occasionally but normally it sticks to 3.0-3.1 mbps I have tcpoptimizer and keep my computer pretty clean and using speedtest.net I am showing a constant speed of 35mbps down

4.0mBps does equate to 32mbps

Archived