Ads Related FAQ

Fungalicious

Alrighty. I've been looking through the forum and found a lot of ads related complaints and "disappointment" posts and others. The replies were a bit cold, and to be honest, not helping. Those answer providers could hardly be blamed though, for the questions are too, to be honest, silly.

My aim is to kill these questions by placing these frequently asked questions in one place, hopefully it will end these questions and improve the health of this forum.

These answers are based on version 3.2.1 (build 28086) for 32-bit Windows.

Note: Featured Contents appear at the sidebar while Featured Torrent is the yellow strip at the top, featuring nice torrents.

Featured Contents

To toggle it on or off, press F8 on your keyboard when the uTorrent window is open. Alternatively, click on the Option menu and uncheck Show Featured Contents

Featured Torrents

Options > Preference > Advanced

Type in: sponsor in the filter and you should see sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled jumped up. Click that, set the value to False. Restart your favourite torrent client.

Note: As of now, it is possible to disable this feature. It might not be the case in the future.

Plus Info/Ads at bottom left

You can close that by clicking the [X] right beside the ads, or by clicking the Options menu > uncheck Show Plus Information.

Toolbars

What? You did not agree on installing toolbars and yet uTorrent did? You want to kill the developers and post hate messages on this forum. Well think again. And look again at the choices. You ARE given these choices, but did you READ properly? Read again: http://www.imagebam.com/image/4d3761214875633

Did you uncheck ALL 3 boxes? I bet you didn't.

That's the reason why answer providers are getting fed up. Many didn't read properly and put the blame on others. At least I never had these problems.

So guys, that's a lesson learnt today :) This FAQ doesn't include how to remove the toolbars, I'm afraid. I read properly. I never installed any toolbars. And I never know how to remove one as well.

Have a nice day!

Oh dear me :(

I'm a little sad though, at the kind of language being used. People just seemed unsatisfied to ask a question without adding a piece of insult in it. I mean, no one is happy the way it is now...

Oh well, I guess I couldn't care less. I don't like it when the community is not nice to each other, which, in my opinion, should be...

Anyway, thank you ciaobaby for pointing that out, and thank you for at least reading it.

My aim is to kill these questions by placing these frequently asked questions in one place.
Many didn't read properly and put the blame on others.

It seems you didn't search this topic in the forums!

As Ciaobaby mentioned above it's been posted on 10-04-2012!

Although you're intentions are good you need to practice what you preach...:D

Oh dear me :(

I'm a little sad though, at the kind of language being used. People just seemed unsatisfied to ask a question without adding a piece of insult in it. I mean, no one is happy the way it is now...

Oh well, I guess I couldn't care less. I don't like it when the community is not nice to each other, which, in my opinion, should be...

Anyway, thank you ciaobaby for pointing that out, and thank you for at least reading it.

One of the biggest problems is that people do not understand the difference between brevity and arrogance, giving someone a succinct answer when they have obviously not wasted one second of their time in finding an answer, whilst expecting the responder to spend their time providing an detailed account of what they could have found in a 5 second search, is NOT arrogance. It is the simple fact that the answer is blindingly obvious.

I mean what exactly can you say to someone that complains about the download going "missing" after they clicked "Remove and delete .torrent + data", let's face it, you don't exactly need to be double figures of IQ to work that one out

And as for the snivelling, "Oooh, I don't like the advertising" whingers, they have a choice, nobody forces them to use the uTorrent client, and just about every software download comes along with some toolbar or another, so if you don't pay attention to what is on screen it shouldn't be a surprise when one pops up.

Not to mention the fact that they then have an argument with someone they don't know, whom they will never actually meet and are of utterly no importance what-so-ever in their life.

I had someone email me to tell me I was a "huge arrogant pr!ck" as if I didn't already know that. My reply was;

Well thanks! I shall tell my other half that "huge" IS indeed the appropriate superlative to use.

I was always told "Never argue with an idiot" because they will only drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience",

THANK YOU for this post! thank you thank you thank you I was able to remove that "featured torrent" bar

Made this account just to say that. I was almost going to have to download a legacy version of micro torrent. Seriously I don't know what the hell is going on with the feature creep nowadays. If it has the word MICRO in it, you'd think they would think twice about stuffing more crap into it

Anyways, thanks again :)

Archived