Some torrents download, some don't.

LegendaryNL

Hi everybody.

After checking the internet for several hours now to solve my issue I address you as a last resort. My problem is the following: A few weeks ago I started noticing that uTorrent was getting selective in downloading torrents. Strange as it might sound, it fails to download tv show episodes while it downloads movies/software without any issues. So maybe there might be something fundamentally different in characteristics between these torrent files that I am not aware of?

The symptoms that I noticed were slower connection speeds of the ones that I was able to download (but this could possibly be coincidence) and DHT 'waiting to login' at most times, while functioning at others (especially after start up). For a malfunctioning torrent, it says the trackers have a 'connection time out'.

I already tried the following 'solutions':

1. rebooted computer

2. tried a different torrent

3. rebooted modem/router

4. turned off firewall and antivirus

4. reinstalled uTorrent

5. installed alternative torrent client

6. system recovery

7. deleted the following four files: dht.dat; dht.dat.old; settings.dat and settings.dat.old.

Some points worth noting:

1. my OS is Windows 7 Enterprise

2. uTorrent is updated to the latest available version 3.2.3

3. I'm using Windows Firewall and F-Secure (updated)

3. Ports aren't forwarded properly but they never were, without a problem

4. Currently I'm using a Huwaei HG655d modem (but I experience the same issue when connected to a different modem with a different ISP)

I hope this is enough info for you to tell me what exactly my problem is (and hopefully tell me that I'm a newbie and the fix is really easy haha). I've been okay with not being able to download for these 4 past weeks but now in the holidays it's getting annoying! Thanks in advance for your help and if you need any more info then please let me know :)

FIRST Read the forum rules and DO NOT link to torrent download URLs.

3. Ports aren't forwarded properly but they never were, without a problem
If the listen port isn't forwarded DHT will NOT connect
both have sufficient seeds and are relatively new.
Doesn't mean that any are connectable without without the port being forwarded. And what trackers report and reality rarely match.

DO NOT link to torrent download URLs.

I'm sorry, before posting I worked my way through the maze of stickies in this forum and I guess I missed that. It's fixed.

If the listen port isn't forwarded DHT will NOT connect

Ok, so then DHT doesn't seem to be the problem since I never worked with forwarded ports.

And what trackers report and reality rarely match.

Both my examples were well-known seeders having torrents listed with thousands of seeds of which I used to be able to download without any issue. Even if trackers are off, I can't imagine they would be by so much.

Archived