99.9% On Torrent and Waiting for Seeder ? Easy Fix

mewefix

I see so many people waiting for a torrent to finish when there are No Active seeders with 100% for you to complete the file , if its a large file with multiple files within it , check what hasnt downloaded and what your waiting for to finish , and simply tell utorrent to skip those files. So if its got 10 movies within it id rather get 9 and skip the one im waiting on...or skip jpg , etc - otherwise you will be waiting a long time for that seeder to come back and everyone else only has 99.9%.

WOW Astounding tip!!

I bet nobody has thought of doing that before! </sarcasm>

Anyway, the bittorrent protocol doesn't quite work like that, "files" are not downloaded as "files" but a block of data (pieces) that have to be reassembled on retrieval and simply skipping files does NOT mean that the rest WILL be downloaded to completion.

ciaobaby - not all users are savvy , its a tip for them, not a request for sarcasm.

As i said not good for a single file , but ok for multiply files within a torrent.

If all users Quote { I bet nobody has thought of doing that before! </sarcasm> } then why are they all still waiting ?.... i noticed one there for months on 99.9 and downloaded it last night ! ...so yes it does work and all movie files 16 worked.and yes you have to some idea of trying something than waiting for nothing.

Archived