Utorrent Remote - Blocked by firewall

z3r0c00l12

Hi guys,

It's my first time posting here, never needed to before. So here's my current problem:

I have uTorrent running behind a hardware firewall with very strict rules, just enough for uTorrent to work. I've lately decided to give uTorrent Remote a try on Android. I went in uTorrent's preferences, where I found Remote, I enable it, set the computer name and password and applied the settings. I see it says "Status: Connecting...", I figured I'd wait for it to connect, a few minutes later, it turns to "Reconnecting in xx seconds", then it goes back to "Connecting...". I'm pretty sure the problem is that my hardware firewall is blocking it, but I don't know which destination IP/port to open. So I am posting this in the hopes that someone knows a bit more on uTorrent Remote and can tell me which ports I need to open.

Thank you.

The uTorrent listen port.

The IP of the machine that is hosting uTorrent.

That port is already open, what I am looking for is the destination IP and port and protocol used. By destination, I mean the server which uTorrent Remote attempts to connect to. If it helps to clarify, take the uTorrent client out of the equation, think about the Android "uTorrent Remote" application, where does it connect to, using which port and which protocol in order to connect back to the uTorrent client.

Outgoing, it uses any port that the OS assigns it, the protocol is HTTPS, with SRP, (Secure Remote Password) protocol handling the login handshaking with username and password, which are the computer name and the password you set.

If you really need the destination ip, though why you would I don't know as that's what we have DNS for, you can send a ping to remote.utorrent.com

Archived